What's different about this Egg?
Happy Easter Egg 2020 is definitely going ahead, but please note the following:
- As a food production facility, the chocolate factory operates to the highest Health & Safety standards, with no plans to cease production.
- To facilitate social distancing, no signature will be required on delivery to you.
- If by any chance I fall ill, a ChristianBooks.IE volunteer will despatch your order.
- Eggs are packed within individual packaging into outer boxes of 10 Eggs, which may have been handled en route by a few people. You could open these outer boxes using rubber gloves, then with freshly washed hands distribute the Eggs, which were packed into their individual boxes in hygienic conditions.
- If at all possible please pay by card or bank transfer, rather than by cheque.
- The order and payment deadline of 5pm Wed 18 March remains unchanged.
“If you landed here as Easter approaches, what would you think Easter is about? Chocolate, bunny rabbits, cute little chickens? Is that all? I believe there’s more. That’s why I’ve made this egg that reminds us why we celebrate Easter – because Jesus is alive again!”
Julie, founder of the Happy Easter Egg,
Julie owns a small Christian book and gift shop based in Co Wicklow
and online at www.christianbooks.ie.
> A great tool to help you reinforce the Resurrection message
> Only available through local churches & groups – not shops
> It helps spread the Easter message to congregation, family & friends
How to order
What churches and groups have found works best:
- Designate one person to take orders in your Church (or with friends, family, neighbours or colleagues). Print out and give them the Sign Up Sheet.
- Print and display the Poster with their name written onto it. Promote the Eggs in your Announcements.
- Place your first order once you reach 20 Eggs – the sooner the better.
- You can then place further orders in multiples of 10 Eggs, up to our our final order deadline of 5pm Wednesday 18 March 2020.
- We will amalgamate all your orders together and send them out in time for Palm Sunday, the Sunday before Easter.
Each Happy Easter Egg costs just € 8.00 / £ 6.50, including free delivery for orders of 20 Eggs or more to any Church (or group) on the island of Ireland. We will deliver any number over 20 free, once it’s a multiple of 10 Eggs. Please click here for other delivery details.
We cannot guarantee supply for orders placed after our final order deadline of 5pm Wednesday 18 March 2020.
Inside The Box
And online there’s even an audio version of the Happy Easter Story, as well as free Easter competitions, and all sorts of other things to do.
Not forgetting about eating the delicious milk chocolate egg and honeycomb crisp milk chocolates (total 195g), made of high quality Irish chocolate and supporting Irish businesses.
And for every Happy Easter Egg purchased, 10c is donated to the Hope Foundation.
‘The Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin is delighted to support the Happy Easter Egg project.’
The Most Rev Diarmuid Martin,
Roman Catholic Archbishop of Dublin and Primate of Ireland.
‘I like to use the Happy Easter Egg as a way of sharing the Good News of the Resurrection with Altar Servers and Family Mass Groups – and I always keep one for personal reflection.’
Very Rev Kevin Doran,
Roman Catholic Bishop of Elphin.
‘I commend the Happy Easter Egg to you and to Members of your Parish. The focus given to the true meaning of Easter from a Christian perspective ought, of itself, to commend this particular Egg to you as your No. 1 purchase for Easter.’
The Most Rev Dr. Michael Jackson, Church of Ireland Archbishop of Dublin & Bishop of Glendalough, Primate of Ireland & Metropolitan of Dublin.
‘The Happy Easter Egg is a wonderful way to share the resurrection story which is right at the heart of the Christian gospel.’
The Rt Rev Harold Miller,
Retired Church of Ireland Bishop of Down & Dromore.
‘I think the Happy Easter Egg is wonderful because it explains the real meaning of Easter for everyone.’
Rev Dr Heather Morris,
Secretary of Conference of the Methodist Church in Ireland.
President of the Methodist Church in Ireland 2013 – 2014,
Listen to our radio promotion
Ordering from outside the island of Ireland
Please click here or e-mail email@example.com with your requirements, and we will give you further details.
It may also be possible to ship further afield, but again please get in touch with us and we will see what we can arrange for you.
Pay by card, bank transfer or cheque